I feel like I'm settling back into a blogging routine again. I'm forcing myself to sit down and write whenever I have an idea. Even if it's just on a notepad that says, "A Note From....a member of the Graceland Christian Church Choir."
(note to self: buy more hot pink sticky pads)
I hate having "theme" days, but the small fact that we are no longer on Facebook kind of makes this a sort of update hub for our families. And if they know that I'm posting pictures of the kids, then they'll come here instead of begging me to send eleventy texts every time I take a photo of something ridiculous. It's also kind of nice to have a weekend recap, just for myself, because it reminds me that even though I'm exhausted and keeping up with this family is a ton of work, we really do have a great time doing it.
So, it's Tuesday and I've done Tuesday Tens forever (and plan on continuing to do them), but I thought I'd mix it up a little bit and start doing something other than "here are ten things that make me stabby" every single week. So, this week, I thought I'd give you Ten Things You Don't Know About Me. Or, maybe you do and are about to click off this page. That's cool.
1. I hate scary movies. I don't really even like movies that are suspenseful, though I can generally sit through them without hiding under a blanket. Horror movies give me horrible nightmares. I can't even sit through previews, which makes going to the movies a little bit iffy. I mean, I go. But, I'm usually one of two people in the audience covering their ears and squinching up their eyes really tight in an effort to avoid what's on the screen. And usually, I wait until the next preview starts to open my eyes, because filmmakers have this wonderful habit of making you think it's over, but then making something jump out at you anyway. And wetting your pants in public isn't even remotely enjoyable. For me, anyway. Maybe it's your thing.
2. I met Boris Yeltsin when I was in 6th grade, on a trip to Washington DC with my gifted and talented class. And if you don't know who Boris Yeltsin was, get off this page right now. I bet you don't even know the entire lyrics to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
3. Speaking of lyrics. I know all of the words to Bust A Move, Jump (as in Daddy Mac'll make ya), California Love, and several other rap songs that have no actual application to my daily life. I also know a whole slew of country songs, which actually fit much better into my current lifestyle.
4. I've thrown up on my husband more times than I can count. Sadly.
5. I'm an extremely light sleeper and it's extremely easy to wake me up. This is extremely annoying.
6. I once accidentally sprayed myself in the face with pepper spray when I was thirteen or fourteen. It was possibly more painful than child birth.
7. I hate ending a sentence with a number, so I type the entire word out instead.
8. I love to play Tetris on my phone. It is quite possibly the most relaxing game ever and it reminds me of the little "tournaments" my dad and I used to have when I was a kid. On our old black and white Mac. In the early 90's. I suddenly feel a little old.
9. I have a little brother named Matt who's in his late 20's. People are always surprised when I bring him up, so I'm not sure if my personality just screams "ONLY CHILD WHO NEEDS ATTENTION" or if they're just genuinely surprised that I've got a sibling? But, I do. And he's pretty great.
10. My big toes crack when I walk. I couldn't ever creep down the hallway because the noise would give me away. It's so loud, I've been known to wake up the kids when they were napping just walking past their bedroom. Andrew's do it too, so at least I know I'm not the lone weirdo on the planet.