I am exhausted. And sick. Mostly exhausted, though. We were only gone for two days, but it feels like the older I get the harder it is to recover and get back into the groove. I wound up with a cold that's kicking my butt and I feel like I'm completely behind the curve. I've had to remind myself at least three times that it isn't Saturday, it's Tuesday and we are on Spring Break. Which is why I shouldn't panic when I wake up at 8:30 freaked out that the boys haven't left for school yet.
Anyway. We had a wonderful weekend. The wedding was gorgeous and intimate; the bride was stunning and happy. There may have been an open bar involved (which made up for the fact that I had to wear pantyhose), along with lots of time with family and some late night antics with the cousins. It's been much too long since I've spent significant time with them since we've all grown up and gotten jobs and families and all that blah adult-like stuff. So...yes, great time! It just went by much too quickly.
The boys also had a fun, surprise visit from Grammi who drove in from Memphis to stay with them. They were so happy to see her. We came home to find lots of crafts and colored pictures and tales of their adventures. I think even the teenager enjoyed it and I promise I'll share photos for all four of my readers who actually care soon...
But, today is Tuesday (right?) and I had this fabulous idea yesterday while making the trek home, listening to some of my current favorite songs. So, because I love them so much and they're fitting of where I am right now, I thought I'd share them with y'all.
Here's BFG's Tuesday Ten: Favorite Songs Edition!
1. Lately, I've been trolling iTunes, looking for new music because sometimes your current track list of 80's and 90's music is starting to get stale. And so, I happened upon this girl here and I love her. I guess this song was featured on Pretty Little Liars, which I don't watch, but...whatever. Totally a great song.
2. I think just about everyone knows Titanium at this point, thanks to Pitch Perfect. But I happened upon this version of it by Madilyn Bailey and felt like it was just hauntingly beautiful and raw. Which I think is what speaks to me about it the most.
3. I hadn't heard Magnet & Steel in forever. I'd forgotten how much I've always loved this song from the Boogie Nights soundtrack.
4. I'm not a big fan of Alicia Keyes. Like at all. But, Naya Rivera nails it and made me fall in love with this song.
5. Hi. Luke Bryan? I basically love you. Also, I finally get all of those "NO! Luke Bryan, you shake it for ME!" memes.
6. Another feel good, addictive, pop song. This kid is adorable, sounds a little like Adam Levine/Maroon 5 but I love it anyway...
7. An oldie, but a goodie that I'd forgotten about until it was played at a friend's wedding. One of my favorite love songs.
8. Also? I don't care what anyone says about Randy Travis and his eighty seven DWI's. I will always, always, always adore this song.
9. This has been an awesome, mellow song for me. I don't know what it is. I hate it so much I love it. I heard it in Old Navy a few weeks ago and it got stuck in my head. The beat is just really, really good.
10. And finally...even though it's old, I have been in love with this song since it was the Burger King commercial song back in the 90's. You can hate me if you want. I'm not even ashamed.
I'm off to get high on cold meds and pass out. Until next week, friends!