I made it through the first day! Sure, I slept through half of it, thanks to not getting enough sleep the night before, but I was still alive at the end of the day so I'm just gonna call it a win, okay?
Today, the twins are back at school. I'm not actually sure who's happier about that, me or them. I keep thinking there's something I should be doing while they're gone but my list is strangely short. That's a nice reprieve from my overwhelmingly large list of things to take care of last month, so I'm thinking about taking a trip to Barnes & Noble, grabbing some Starbucks and reading on my Nook for free...
Or, maybe finding a job. I haven't totally decided yet.
Anyway. It's Tuesday, and last week I made a promise to myself that there would be no more Wednesday Tens this year. I'm trying to find small ways to keep up with this blog throughout the week and keeping these posts on Tuesdays is an enormous help.
So. Your first actual Tuesday Ten of the year starts right now. Yay!
1. It frustrates me when people say they can't do things before they've even tried. You aren't going to always have help with everything. You have to learn how to handle stuff on your own (especially your children) because there are gonna be days when it's not all going to get done your way and you'd better figure it out now before you find yourself sitting in a corner with a box of E.L Fudge (if they even make those anymore, and if they don't you're really in trouble) and a fifth of orange flavored vodka leftover from that dang sangria.
2. I've become a fan of bulletproof coffee.
3. If I don't see a couple of days of full sunshine, I might lose my mind. This endless cloudy weather is killing me. Right along with the days upon days of I Might Rain A Little Bit, But Probably Not and If I Do It Will Only Be Because You're Doing Something Important forecasts.
4. Who knew that it wouldn't be the laptop, the iPod, the cowboy boots or the cold, hard cash that ended up being my favorite Christmas gift, but a pair of socks from Brookstone instead?
5. I have given birth three times. I have skinned the right side of my face across a driveway. I have broken all of my toes and been hit in the face with a softball countless times. I'm pretty much a bad ass all the way around. But if you want to bring me to my knees, squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on two yet to be discovered paper cuts on my fingers. Because that crap burns with the fire of a thousand suns!
6. At the rate I'm going, our Christmas cards are actually going to be more like Valentines.
7. Still waiting on someone completely awesome to buy the house next door. You have to have kids who aren't jerks, a husband who is a dork like mine, and you have to be a stay-at-home mom who doesn't judge me if you see me with a glass of wine before noon.
8. My side of the bedroom, practically pristine. My husband's side of the bedroom, ihjgihatohitipatohithg (yeah, that's basically what it looks like).
9. Me, reading my Facebook feed..."ugh, again...don't care...don't care...find a dictionary...ugly baby...see a therapist...you're not a therapist...please just get laid soon...don't care...don't care...sure you did...oh, you're still alive...mmmm, donuts..."
10. The only doing things that make me happy thing is the easy part. I've discovered it's the worrying about what other people think of me because I'm not doing what they want me to that's hard.